Sunday, July 10, 2011

Birthday Reflections

Well, another year has passed and another year older.  I think about time a lot more lately, due to how quickly it flies by and how I wish sometimes it could stop.  A chat with a friend brought forth the subject of time, and his lack of "free" time.  He stated three obvious points:

  • You can't buy it
  • You can never get it back
  • You don't know how much you've got
It is not a commodity listed on any stock exchanges.  It cannot be measured - it is our most precious belonging, but it cannot be ordered online or found at any store.  I have always filled up my schedule, with work, volunteering, social commitments.  Slowly, I am learning to respect my time and choose who and what I use up my time with. 

I hope that my next birthday message will be filled with stories of what I did, or maybe that I took the time to do nothing and just enjoy those around me.

Peace and love all and thank you for the birthday love & wishes! xo vagi

No comments:

Post a Comment