Monday, November 7, 2011

What did Betty do?

Musings from a Modern Woman

I must confess, that I am having a bit of a whining session (without the wine), and had one of those days where I was pulled in every direction and did not even leave the house until 7pm! (activities ranged from sick boy at home, to plunging a toilet & ordering merchandise for business).  It got me thinking about the women around me and what whirls around in that constant head-space of "what do I need to do next?"   Which led me to the question, What did Betty do?

The "Betty"

Perfect pose, well manicured and the image of the perfect housewife.  Some days I feel the urge to pretend it is 1950, pour that martini, light a cigarette and lounge in my pencil skirt and heels.  Betty, may of had the looks and the housekeeper, she did not have her freedom.

I will trade my stress & struggles for my ability to guide my life and take it where I want it to go.  I want a partner, not to be someone's wife.  I also want to learn that I don't have to do everything, that taking the time to pretend it is 1962 and put up your heels is ok.

So all those Modern wonderful women out there - it is martini time (or tea time)!  xo Vagi

No comments:

Post a Comment