Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week 1 Report

Cheers!
I put out the 50 Day Challenge to myself (and others) last Monday.  Many people have questioned a few things about my plan to cease alcohol consumption for 50 days - so let's get a few things straight.
  1. Yes, I did have at least one glass of wine per day, perfect ending to my day (& CBC National News)
  2. The point is to spend less money at the LCBO or local drinking establishments
  3. I have not stopped completely - some social situations this past weekend involved wine 
 I want to drink less for a few reasons:  less money spent, fewer calories and has that glass of wine become a crutch?  This past weekend, both times that I did drink,  involved not spending any money - sort of an "all inclusive" deal.  I did find that when Friday rolled around and tradition around my house is for people to come and eat and enjoy - typical Friday after work party.  This Friday I did not have to visit the wine store - my stock was full, the evening "wind-down" vino that I eliminated created less of strain on my wallet and that $40 or $50 I would of spent will go into my charity fund.  I guess it is all about choices, and if I can give up my Sunday to Friday glass of vino - could someone give up their daily latte habit and use that savings to make a difference.  Green tea makes me just as happy! 
Peace & Happiness Everyone - will have more for you next week! vagi




 

2 comments:

  1. you can submit donations of vodka already present in your supply to 171 pim st. claire and maeg and i had a real blast across the ditch.

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can buy better Vodka at Christmas with all my savings - Grey Goose holiday martinis!

    ReplyDelete