Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Seventeen vs Forty-three

Do we ever really know what we want?  We live in a society that plays a constant yearning for more in the background, a steady hum in our ears.  My son will be eighteen in September and is spending a year with his grandparents in the UK - initially, he loved being back to the "English way of life"  and out of our Northern Ontario town, then changed his mind.  He wanted to return to his previous easy existence with no underground or crowds to maneuver.  So the plan was put into place and we are anticipating his pending arrival back home.

Wait, maybe not.  Like many of us we question our decisions and wonder if we are making the right one.  Sometimes having too many options makes the process a very difficult one.  At forty-three I question my next move, next career, next challenge.  I love change and it fuels me.  But, we still need to consider those around us and their needs - that makes us a woman, a wife and a mother.

I gave my son a deadline, June 1st to decide where he feels he needs to be and to carefully consult his dreams and goals, both long and short term.  We can never be sure, but the journey should be thoughtful and honest.     Enjoy your travels today and tomorrow!  peace & love, vagi

No comments:

Post a Comment