Monday, March 26, 2012

Change

Love it, hate it, avoid it?


We all have reactions to change.  Some of us thrive from it, others cower and hide our heads in the sand to avoid it, others just grin & bear it.  I have a restless nature, so change comes easily to me.  I have lived in various cities, countries and have had many people in and out of my life - both platonic & romantic.  I realized in my young adulthood that I can roll with the punches and survive when things don't always go as planned.  For my children, however, a different story.

I know that my youngest and oldest (minus the one in the middle) yearn for me to stay put in the same house, same city and build memories from that structure.  They want to walk through those same doors in their 20's & 30's and breathe the familiar smells & sit at the same table.  I think we all forget that physical space does not make memories.  Our memories remain in our heads & hearts.  Whether I am standing in a kitchen in Paris, London or my current location of  Sault Ste. Marie, it does not matter - the constant is family.  That familiar feeling they yearn  is love.

So for baby Owen who was in tears tonight, afraid of change, I reassured him, cuddled him, wrapped him tight in his blanket & told him that while the house may change, I am not going anywhere. The science kit & goggles will come with us!

Same to my readers - & thanks for caring what I have to say. xo vagi

No comments:

Post a Comment