Friday, November 2, 2012

Summer, how I miss thee!

The past few weeks have been all about "prepping" for winter:  leaves raked & mulched, patio furniture away, trailer put into storage.  It made me realize how great this past summer was and reflect on my "best" ones to date.  Don't get me wrong, I have had some shitty ones too - but the season of warm sun, beaches and bbq's puts all of us in a better mood, It is carefree and much more relaxed - in my experience.

So here they are, in no particular order:

1.  When I was 17,   lots of "camp" parties, underage drinking & skinny dipping!  My dearest friend, Nicole commented this past summer, how I cannot swim when sober, but shockingly could make it out mid-lake in the pitch dark, to her diving platform - we agreed that "drunk-swimming" should be a national sport.

2.  Pregnant summer at 26 in Barcelona - really, could that be any better?    Waddling down to the beach every morning to gaze at beautiful Spanish bodies, no drunk swimming - belly made floating a breeze!


3.  This summer - summer of  age 45 and new trailer purchase - lots of trips with family and friends, doesn't get any better.

So, I will wait for the spring thaw and plan more fabulous adventures for summer of 2013.  We make our own memories, cherish yours!  xo vagi

No comments:

Post a Comment