Thursday, May 4, 2017

It's Been Awhile

My dear readers, I have been ignoring you, and I apologize.  Thoughts and words are continuously swirling around in my head and I haven't been giving them the time and consideration they deserve.  I learned some valuable lessons back in late January and didn't share them with you.  Now I will.
Triple Threat Trio 
I had the pleasure of these two great women (far left and middle) come and visit me at my "new" residence in Boulder County, Colorado.  My itinerary was drafted in full detail - a shared google doc that filled every minute of their precious three day visit from the Great White North (Canada).  This picture was from day one - a sunny spot after a fairly boozy lunch - delightful.  

Day two involved yoga, afternoon boutique perusing, Happy Hour with all the great ladies I know and then more bad decisions and adventure.  Day two didn't move beyond yoga - after a private session at a friend's home and some bubbly on my sunny back patio - it was time to get ourselves together and my husband arrived home (not feeling well).  The "monkey in the middle" is a nurse, took his vitals and my brunette "sister" took him to the closest E.R.  I picked up kids, contacted the restaurant and sent out a mass message that all was cancelled.  

I learned that I have an amazing support network - offers to take boys, feed everyone, bring me food to hospital and more...it was humbling and heartwarming.  I also learned that you cannot plan everything - life decides what you will do.  So while my "Triple Threat Trio" google doc still exists in my drive, it is a reminder of being present, taking a breath and letting things take care of themselves. I struggle with that concept - but  I am trying.  I did learn how thankful I am for the strong and loving women I have surrounded myself with, and I learned that sometimes you just need to sit beside your partner, hold their hand and tell them it will all be ok.

Stay present, be loving and learn from each other, xoxo Vagi.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful piece, Lisa! It is so nice to have such amazing friends that you can count on and "just be there." Please share more stories as they are comforting and uplifting. Cheers, to and from another Lisa ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I will. So glad you enjoy my stories.
      Best, Vagi

      Delete