Sunday, January 9, 2011

No Paris Hilton Please!

Friends for 20 + years!

I have never been a regular follower of popular TV shows - but I do recall from the occasional peek into online gossip sites that Paris Hilton had a show based on contestants competing for the coveted title of her "BFF."  Really?   I hope the message to society was that money does not buy you happiness.  Paris has tons of money, vast wardrobe, staff, and yet, needs to televise her quest for a female soul mate.  It only confirms that true friends outlast the latest fashions and stick together through the years.

We do change and evolve as women and some of our girls stay with us and some are lost through the years.  I am at the age where I value the women that surround me - they are strong and bright and beautiful.  They support me when I make the right decisions and criticize when I don't.  They remind me that I don't have to do it all and that a little tummy bulge is a reminder of the three children I bore.  They hold me when I cry and join me in celebration.  They don't hesitate when the phone rings.

Cherish your friends - and welcome new women into your life, they may need a new wonderful friend just like you, even Paris.   xo Vagi

No comments:

Post a Comment