Friday, September 26, 2014

A Home, Not a House

A house has bricks or siding, windows and doors; a home has people and memories.  I find myself reflecting upon the differences of house and home as I am selling my "home" for a move to a new city and a new country.  I have never  been sentimental about "things" but this house has been home for over seven years and it is rich in experiences. 


Friends gathered

Holidays celebrated


Pets basked in the sun


Children cooked

Kids moved off to college

Halloween goblins readied to trick or treat!

I look forward for our new adventure and we will create another "home."  For the next family in our home, I hope they continue what this home has been for so many. It is not just a house.

xo vagi

1 comment:

  1. Bitter/sweet - but now on to a new and wondrous adventure. All the best Lisa.

    ReplyDelete