Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Keep it in the Bedroom: Part II

One comment from a reader was, "And the floodgates have opened" in response to the many postings, news stories and editorials concerning a certain Canadian Radio personality and his sexual practices.  As a blogger I strive to start discussion, raise debate and perhaps even provoke.  My main point in the article concerning Jian was my fear that our activities in the bedroom (between consensual and legal aged) partners is the cause for a loss of a career.  I am aware that Mr. Ghomeshi came "clean" so to speak and confided in his employers, was this their only solution for damage control?

The other people involved in this circus are the alleged victims, and in a truly democratic process, until proof is presented beyond a reasonable doubt, they are alleged, not confirmed.  I have read your comments, other responses by fellow writers out in the blogging community and on various online media outlets.  After digesting all of it this is what I want:

1.   I want women, if they are abused and not consenting to their partners sexual wishes or any type of mistreatment of any kind, to be brave and have the ability to report their abuse. (and be aware of the supports available to them).

2.  I want the democratic process to be alive and well in my country.   The media and the community at large have already "thrown" Jian under the bus, is it our right to do that?

3.  I want sexual freedom for practice among consenting adults, respecting each other's differences and needs.

4.   I want less judgement and more reflection from all of us on this planet.

My two cents, xo vagi

No comments:

Post a Comment